4/01/2005

Spring Quizz 2005

[ . BACK to DARUMA MUSEUM TOP . ]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 


Spring Quizz for My Haiku Friends

I have choosen three haiku by a famous Japanese person. They have been translated into English by a famous translator and published in a book, pages 62 and 64 !

The haiku are such that they represent the situation in my mountains and my life.

.. .. .. I have changed one word in each haiku.
Can you guess the Japanese author?

Can you guess the one word changed?

Here are three haiku for you to ponder


playing soccer with the village children
this warm, misty spring day -
no one wants it to end



thirsty, I have filled myself with beer
lying beneath the cherry blossoms -
splendid dreams



unable to sleep -
I hear the voice of wild boars
rising from a mountain ridge



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


I will give you the answers in about a week !

Please add your guesses and comments below.



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


The poet in question is of course Ryokan San.


Soccer is of course just BALL.

Beer, well that was ricewine, sake.

Wild Boars, in Ryokan's forest it was the young deer.


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


My Stories about Ryokan:
http://www.amie.or.jp/daruma/Ryokan.html

Ryokan Memorial Day, a Kigo
http://worldkigodatabase.blogspot.com/2006/06/ryokan-day-ryokan-ki.html



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[ . BACK to WORLDKIGO  TOP . ]


[ . BACK to DARUMA MUSEUM TOP . ]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just back from Japan and just tuned in i would think ball, sake and bears are the changed words although I am more confident about sake and bears than ball.